Current mailing addresses

Elicia's current mailing addresses are:

Sister E. Bentley - or - Sister E. Bentley
Canada Halifax Mission
202 Brownlow Ave Unit F Bldg F Nova Scotia
Dartmouth, NS B3B 1T5 Canada
Canada

(When we get a mailing address for St. John's, we'll post it)

Packages need to be labeled "Unsolicited Gift" to avoid a $46 charge. Yikes !!!

30 Apr 2012 - "TRANSFERS"

this email will probably be short, I'm typing really slowly today (I don't know why)


     everything happened this week, all our plans worked out! i don't know how! so many wonderful stories from this week! I'll only be able to share a few. first is my favorite thing that happened at sister's conference-
                                    (before you read this story you need to understand the President Simpson is very serious, tall, a lawyer and a mission president = super intimating)
      sister's conference was really fun. we spent 2 nights in the mission home just hanging out, talking being girls, etc. sadly, due to the fact that me, Sister Huppe and Sister Davis had so much going on we didn't have a lot of time to relax. Sister Huppe and I needed to prepare 2 special musical numbers (one for Truro church and one for Chase's baptism and they couldn't be the same because we were singing it to the same people) and so as soon as we had free time we ran to the piano and started singing trying to figure out what to sing from the Hymn book. we struggled, nothing was sounding or feeling good. after about half an hour someone entered the room and said "here Sister Bentley see if you can play these." I turned to see President Simpson holding a large stack of sheet music. he came in sat down on a chair next to the piano took the top song off the stack and handed it to me. I nervously took the music and began playing, I was shocked when President Simpson started SINGING!!! no joke! I turned to sister Huppe and she couldn't hide the shock on her face either! President handed me song after song and him and sister Huppe sang all of them. it was so fun! it felt a lot like all the times me, and Henry just hang around the piano and sing. but it was with President Simpson! crazy! I said to him " wow President you sing pretty well, I would have never guessed." he replied "well, Sister Bentley you maybe shocked to learn that I have been singing for a long time and I also play electric guitar." .... yes, this is a true story, it really did happen.... and President helped us find a great song to sing!
                         earlier that day we were in the temple and I got the impression that i need a blessing because Heavenly Father had something He needed to tell me and so that afternoon I I asked President if he would give it (Which was terrifying). so after singing, when things were quite again President pulled me and sister Davis and Sister Huppe into his office. he asked me what I needed the blessing for, I explained the prompting I received in the temple. then he layed his hands on my head and gave me a POWERFUL blessing, which said a lot of amazing things but the most terrifying was that I was about to be giving a lot of responsibility and that it was time to step up and be a leader. it said a lot more (sister Davis wrote it down for me) after that blessing President sat with us and expounded on more of what my blessing meant. He then flat out told me and Sister Huppe that the Lord was about to give us a lot more responsibility and that we were to be key leaders in our mission.
                            as you can imagine this made me TERRIFIED for transfers! on friday President made a special call just for us to tell us transfers. we learned that Sister Davis was to stay in Halifax, Sister Huppe would stay in Truro and train and that I am to be sent to Newfoundland as senior companion! I'm freaking out! I'm going to be senior companion in an area I don't know! which means I'll be making the decisions, I'll be doing the driving, I'll be responsible for everything in Mount Pearl Newfoundland. I'm so shocked.
                          so it is spring time here in Halifax but yesterday in SNOWED in Newfoundland!!! and the only way to get to Newfoundland is to take an hour and a half flight from Halifax. the branch in Newfoundland is so small that the branch president is President Simpson! the English everyone talks is completely different! apparently President Simpson doesn't know what they say half the time. and I'm senior companion! I'm freaking out!
                            I cried yesterday having to say goodbye to Truro! it was so sad! Jessica (who was baptized on March 31st) started crying when I told her I was leaving!

                          both the baptisms happened this week! Brother Chase who was baptized in Truro  was to happy! he is totally different then he was the day Sister Davis and I knocked on his door in January! On the day of his baptism the sisters and I bought him a while shirt and 2 ties (which I was able to figure out sizes because of my experience with white shirts& 3 brothers). I got to teach him how to tie a tie! (Jayson I taught him a double Windsor all thanks to you!) it was an amazing day! I wish I could have put it in a bottle and kept it forever! the spirit was so strong at Brother Chase's baptism! Sister huppe and I sang well, it was kind of a miracle.

                   wish I could write more!
                          Love, Sister Bentley

PS. thank you for your prayers, I still have a head cold. I'm hoping it will go down when I'm in just one area again! 


some pictures from sister's conference. hopefully seeing a picture of president Simpson will help make my story more understandable

No comments:

Post a Comment