Current mailing addresses

Elicia's current mailing addresses are:

Sister E. Bentley - or - Sister E. Bentley
Canada Halifax Mission
202 Brownlow Ave Unit F Bldg F Nova Scotia
Dartmouth, NS B3B 1T5 Canada
Canada

(When we get a mailing address for St. John's, we'll post it)

Packages need to be labeled "Unsolicited Gift" to avoid a $46 charge. Yikes !!!

26 Mar 2012 - "Tales of the Gypsy Missionaries"

this is the first day of my 3rd Transfer. meaning I am an 'officially trained missionary', I don't feel like it! it still feels like my first day! the new sister doesn't come for 6 more weeks, so I have 6 more weeks of 3 companions, 2 phones, 2 apartments, and a hour and a half drive in between. this is part of what I wrote to my mission President today, it's a small taste of the amazing things that have been happening while we have been in this fiery-furnace;

oh boy what a crazy week it's been! we have literally been going from lesson to lesson, barely having time to 'find' and yet we have found new investigators in both our areas this week! Heavenly Father really is just so merciful.
things really have been going well, I'm not even as tired as I should be. in fact whenever I feel 'too tired to go on' I always just 'go one more step' and then a miracle happens which renews my energy and I'm excited to keep going.
Jessica Conrad in Truro, is so excited to get baptized on Saturday! in fact, she has been getting everything together! after we explained what needed to happen, she took the initiative to ask everyone (baptism, witnesses, ect.). because she is so excited to be baptized the Truro Branch is starting to get excited. the members are actually willing helping to get everything together! It's such a miracle on so many levels!
Marcy in Halifax is also super excited about being baptized on the 14th of April. she loves church, and loves living and learning about the gospel. Heavenly Father has just been preparing her so such! and she has even said again and again 'God has been preparing me my whole life to become a Mormon.' It's just amazing that she recolonizes it Heavenly Father's hand in her life so well.
our new investigator in Truro is an older man named Dave. Sister Davis and I knocked into him about 7 weeks ago, we had set up several appointments but things just kept coming up (for him and for us). and then on Tuesday we decided we were going to just stop by and see if he is still interested. he was home! and he told us that five minutes before we came he though to himself 'gee, this would be a great day for those girls to stop by.' amazing right? we came in and taught the Plan of Salvation, which he was just soaking in like a sponge! and when Sister Davis pulled out a book of Mormon for him to see he said 'I've had one of those in the glove compartment of last three cars! I've never read it but there was something about it that I could never throw it away. I liked having it around." amazing right? SO prepared!

We have just been going going going going going (we taught 22 lessons this week, which is a TON for Canada Halifax)! we travelled back and forth three times last week! I did a lot of reading (because we aren't a loud to sleep in the car)! it's hard, and I'm tired. but somehow I still am able to wake up at 6:30 every morning!


there are so many more examples of miracles! just in the past week! I'm really just in AWE of Heavenly Father's love and caring hand in my life and in the lives of everyone in Truro and Halifax south. just from the past three weeks I've seen miracle after miracle after miracle! God is a God of miracles! and no being in earth or hell could convince me otherwise!

I got to go to the temple this week too! it really is the Lord's House, The Holy Ghost is just so strong there! I learned so much!

Gospel is True!!!! i love it!

Love,
Sister Elicia Bentley

No comments:

Post a Comment