Current mailing addresses

Elicia's current mailing addresses are:

Sister E. Bentley - or - Sister E. Bentley
Canada Halifax Mission
202 Brownlow Ave Unit F Bldg F Nova Scotia
Dartmouth, NS B3B 1T5 Canada
Canada

(When we get a mailing address for St. John's, we'll post it)

Packages need to be labeled "Unsolicited Gift" to avoid a $46 charge. Yikes !!!

Sister Bentley's first letter home

hello everyone,
so business first, if anyone is going to send me a package for Christmas it MUST be here by the 23rd of December. also, I will not be calling home on Christmas, there are just too many missionaries here. I don't have my mailing address with me right now but I put it up on my facebook account before I left, it will be under "info" on my profile page.
it's strange to think that I've only been here for five days! I feel very different. my first day here was the longest, hardest day of my life they had us teach three lessons the moment we walked in and they pretty much failed!!!! I was considering calling it quits that day. it was so much to handle in such a short amount of time! that first night I suddenly became aware that I couldn't do this and I was too weak to be a full time servant of The Lord. Then I got a "dear elder" letter from Katie Hatton,  telling me that the MTC is hard but worth it and that it does get better (i'm crying just thinking about it). I'm so greatful for her, and her willingness to listen to The Lord. next time someone sees her please hug her for me! I've taught a lot since then and some lessons have been wonderful! and others haven't...
my companion's name is Sister Ott, she is also going to Halifax. we are the only missionaries in the MTC going there. parently Halifax is a pretty small mission, it only has about 70 missionaries and 6 sister missionaries, so chances are sister Ott and I will be companions again.
I saw Elder Taylor, I was so excited to see him I yelled "ZACH!" it was funny, he has changed. I also saw Elder Tucker I love him! just from talking to him a little I can feel of his goodness and love for the Lord! I've seen other people I know too!
sister Ott and I and one other set of Sisters are the only sisters in our district/ zone. I love the elders in my zone, though they are all VERY 19... and eat more then humanly possible and talk about pokemon way too much! they are all wonderful though! the Lord has blessed me with a deep love for them all! there is one, Elder Hawkins that reminds me SO much of Henry that I can't help but love him even when he says immature things. and the other missionaries in my zone have been called to California AND Tempe Arizona, Tamara's Mission! :D 
I love my teacher! His name is Brother Bacon he just got back from his mission 5 months ago! try to imagine a mixture of Kenny and Brother weisler and you have Brother Bacon. He is AMAZING! I want to be like him so much!
 The Lord has been changing me, I can feel it in everything I do! the 2nd day of class we were talking about the doctrine of Christ and Brother Bacon asked me a question about the missionary purpose and the doctrine of Christ. through my answer I relized that I had been called to not just be a wittness of Christ but the litterally stand where He would stand and walk where He would walk, it was so humbling! and then last night BYU men's Choir sang for our sunday devotional, all about Christ and His ministry. they sang "Jesus the very thought of thee" I wept! I feel such an awe to be called to this work.
anyway, Gospel is true! love you!
Elicia



1 comment:

  1. It's been a week yesterday that Elicia left Georgia for Utah and a week tomorrow that she entered the MTC. We have already missed her!

    We saw the Muppet Movie on Friday night and kept saying how much she would have liked seeing it.

    Fortunately, there are bigger and better things than a movie. Monday was her first P-day and as such, was her first opportunity to write to us.


    Her addresses are as follows:

    only thru Dec 30th 2011:
    Sister Elicia Anne Bentley
    MTC Mailbox # 202
    CAN-HAL 1227
    2005 N 900 E
    Provo, UT 84604-1793


    from December 31st 2011 on (June 2013):
    Sister Elicia Anne Bentley
    Canada Halifax Mission
    202 Brownlow Ave Unit F Blge F
    Dartmouth, NS B3B 1T5
    Canada

    ReplyDelete